Sunday, June 9, 2013

Progress check -- Super allergic skin!

This morning, I woke up and instantly wanted to jump in the shower. Since I was going to see some people, I grabbed for a tinted moisturizer that I haven't used in a while, one by Chanel.

Bad idea! In a matter of minutes my face was swelling up and burning so I quickly removed it all from my face using some olive oil, but itching my face and touching the rest of my body spread the rash down. I peaked at the back of the bottle and found the culprit: Oxybenzone, a common sunscreen additive. 

My daily routine has still included using foundation as I am going to work but I should have stuck with my tried and true products and not tried taking a short cut!

Note to self: no more varying products for the time being. 

Sadly, my skin has not been kind to me this weekend. Here's some picture from my post shower fiasco. 


My neck has been burning all day! 


I just know eventually things will get better but I am terrified at the thought of being one of those slow healers! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Megan,

    Thanks for blogging your topical steroid withdrawals to help others. It will save many I'm sure!

    Sorry about your suffering and I do understand about being a slow healer but it did come sooner that I expected as I set my sites for 4 years. I healed up to about 90 per cent in a little over 2 years so it was a good surprise. Hang in there! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joey,

      Thanks so much for the supportive comment. I think it's also good to document what's happening so I can see progress in the future. It's also great hearing from the healed such as yourself. It definitely gives me hope that I'll get to the other side of this thing!

      Megan

      Delete