Yes, my face is still flaky and I am still stuck in tight cotton clothing only. However, because of the improvements in swelling, oozing and itching, instead of wallowing in depression about my current condition, I'm able to embrace the future with open arms (corny, I know) and plan my comeback. Please excuse me while I self indulge just a little.
The awesomeness that is my life, aka things I can do now that TSW is winding down:
- Not washing my sheets for a week -- But what about the flakes??? To which I respond, what flakes? Mind blown.
Prior to TSW, I was a bit of a diet and exercise junkie. I have ultimately been working toward my target weight of 125lb and TSW just threw a huge wrench in it. As a result, I was forced to stop exercising. I must have been bedridden for a good 2-3 months. As some of you may have experienced, being hungry just set off the itch centers like crazy. I responded by always being full. Needless to say, I packed on the pounds. After my TSW seemed to be winding down in November of 2013, I took the chance to crash diet, but promptly was hit in the face by another flare and the story repeated.
I'm back on the diet again, since I'm barely itching even when I'm very hungry. Definitely looking forward to hitting some big goals this year!
DYEL, bro? Well, I did until this whole skin thing. This was one of the biggest withdrawals I had. Rather than hitting the weights, I was forced to endure my body wasting away into a fat blob. Well, NO MORE. I'm back in the gym about 3 times a week, and quickly regaining my strength! Of course, I'm listening to my body. No exercising at the expense of my skin (for example, cracks on fingers deter me from lifting heavy). I've also picked up yoga: it's a great way to workout at home and let my mind wander away from skin troubles.
- Wearing nail polish
Gel nails are the bestest! I still am scratching up a storm at times but my skin is strong enough where I can afford to grow them out a little. So I apply an at home gel manicure thanks to the NaiLuv kit. It sticks to my nails for at least a week and I don't have to look at my naked nail nubs anymore.
- Straightening my hair -- Yep, I can actually go back to looking presentable again.
- Buying dresses, gym clothes, makeup -- I am a bit of a shopping junky and being able to even shop for non TSW related items helps me look forward and not back. Though I can't necessarily wear/use these items today, it's nice to know I will be able to soon.
- Posting on Instagram -- random as it may seem, it's my way of reconnecting with the world. Posting about the small things in life makes me appreciate them that much more.
- Drinking -- no more itch attacks after consuming (copious amounts of) alcohol! I'm not really overdoing it but it's awesome to be able to enjoy a draft on Friday with some buddies!