Monday, September 23, 2013

Anomaly advanced... Dots, dots and more dots: pic update Sept 23, 2013

I mentioned in my last post that I had dots forming on my right leg and I had slept it off; however, a few days later they had advanced and spread all over my right thigh, concentrated in the area my skin had been burned. Then started showing up on my left thigh and my lower back/love handles. Today they're still in those aforementioned areas and it's slightly scary. It kind of reminds me of what early stage eczema herpeticum looks like, when the blisters haven't opened up yet. It's been like this for almost a week so I don't know what it is. But it's just not going away.

My current approach is just to cover it with clothing and pretend it's not there. So far it's working but by the end of the day I'm definitely feeling itchy in these spots. Not sure how I'll handle it if it spreads further but I'll worry about that when I get there. 

This is definitely different than my TSW skin on the rest of my body. Instead of patches of scaly and delicate skin, it's just bumpy, firm and distinct. 

Leg pics today: the patches have darkened to a brownish color. Perhaps a sign of healing? second pic shows my love handle and the extent it has spread. 


Leg pics yesterday: the patches were concentrated on the weakest skin on my leg, where it had been burned 5 months back. But dots were all over the leg as well. Perhaps a little less raised than 2 days ago







2 days ago: You can really see the texture of the bumps here, all over my leg and this texture was spread all up to my butt and lower back. The dots were most prominent in texture on this day and quite itchy.


Has anyone experienced bumps like this? Is this normal TSW or should I be concerned about a viral rash? I'm not going to take any action unless it spreads and I'm hoping in a few more days I can ride this out. 

2 comments:

  1. I've had bumps like that but find they're usually caused from over-scratching. If it spreads any more you might wanna think about getting some antibiotics for possible infection? Does it feel hot to touch at all? I currently have MRSA and despite my skin being mostly ok it's a bugger at actually going away. Grr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestions Jenny. Yeah, the funny thing is my leg wasn't all that itchy before this happened and the skin there wasn't afflicted with TSW, just weaker because of my burn. And only yesterday and today it's felt very itchy but there's not much heat or puss or anything. Just bumps. Yikes MRSA doesn't sound like fun. I'm avoiding the doctors at the moment since my insurance isn't the greatest this year. Hopefully it'll resolve itself as it seems to be progressing.

      Megan

      Delete