Tuesday, March 25, 2014

REVIEW: Dirt Devil Simpli-Stik Lightweight Corded Bagless Stick Vacuum aka My Skin Flake BUSTER

I don't want to bog everyone down with posts about how depressing my skin is all the time and my flare is dying down! So today, I'll review this product that has really helped me during Topical Steroid Withdrawal.

>>NOTE: I promise I'm not trying to sell it to you but I'd like to share the little things that help me get through the days.

To the review!


We all know that skin flakes are a huge issue during TSW and we are constantly trying to figure out how to keep them at bay. At the time, I was on a budget and needed a vacuum fast because ants were scavenging my flakes (GROSS!) and I found this little guy for under $20 at The Home Depot.


 Dirt Devil Simpli-Stik
click above to purchase!

Why I love it:
  • It's light! - vacuuming 2-3x a day whenever I have an itch attack would be tedious but I keep him plugged in and can get my flakes out of my sight in a second.
  • Enough power to pick up all my flakes 
  • Converts to a handheld dust buster for corners and bedding - I use the attachment a lot when dust (skin) accumulates under my desk, around my power cords etc.
  • It's ridiculously cheap. - I had quite low expectations, was ready to return it but it's become a staple for me. 
Some drawbacks:
  • It does lose suction when there's too much dirt, but I find I can get away with emptying it once every two to three weeks. This will probably depend on your skin shedding rate. 
  • It doesn't work well on carpet -- My room is pergo (faux hardwood), so this is perfect. 
  • It's red -- but tbh, the color has grown on me. 
To speed up the process of emptying it and keep the filter clean, I've adopted this paper towel method as demonstrated in the second half of this youtube video:


Hope you guys found this helpful as I know for myself, seeing my skin flakes can make me feel all the more itchy so having this guy around has certainly helped me deal with having to see them. 

How do you guys deal with your extra "dirt"? 

No comments:

Post a Comment